1/4 Photos of Lotsa Lemon Loaf
From All You Magazine, February 2006. Perfect for teatime! Serve this with an almond/strawberry butter spread or lavender butter spread!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon peel, finely grated
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, plus
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (NOT imitation)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached white flour
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter a 9" x 5" loaf pan, then line pan with parchment paper and butter the parchment paper.
- 3LOAF: Cream the butter, 1 1/2 cups sugar and lemon peel on high speed for 5 minutes using an electric mixer. Add the eggs and yolk one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 4Beat in the milk, 2-3 tablespons lemon juice, vanilla extract, baking powder and salt on medium speed.
- 5Finally, mix in the flour on low speed until batter is smooth.
- 6Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan, smooth the top and bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center of loaf comes out clean.
- 7GLAZE: In a small bowl whisk together the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup lemon juice until the sugar dissolves.
- 8Allow the loaf to cool in pan for 10 minutes then grasp the parchment paper on the sides and carefully transfer to a wire rack.
- 9Prick the top of the loaf all over with a toothpick. Brush 1/4 of the glaze onto the loaf and let sit for 5 minutes. Repeat this process two more times, reserving 1/4 of the remaining glaze.
- 10Remove the lemon loaf from parchment paper and place on a cake platter. Brush top with the rest of the glaze.
- 11Lightly sift powdered sugar over top of cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lotsa Lemon Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (1188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3878.8
- Calories from Fat 1490
- Total Fat 165.5 g
- Saturated Fat 96.4 g
- Cholesterol 1407.2 mg
- Sodium 1860.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 562.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 406.2 g
- Protein 50.5 g