Broccoli Cheese Soup for people who love broccoli and real cheese. No velveeta here! Great served with crusty or fresh bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups fresh broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/4 cups milk (2% or whole works best)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup (cream of chicken also works nicely)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded (optional)
- 1Gently simmer broccoli in the chicken or vegetable broth until tender.
- 2Leave broccoli and broth on stove on lowest setting.
- 3Add shredded carrot to broccoli and broth.
- 4Mix milk and soup and add to soup.
- 5Mix cornstarch and water, and add to soup.
- 6Simmer until thickened.
- 7Add shredded cheese, simmer just until melted.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lotsa Broccoli Cheese Soup With Real Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.6
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 52.4 mg
- Sodium 1196.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 17.4 g