This is a wonderful and healthy comfort soup! I whipped this together with ingredients already in my kitchen one cold and rainy Seattle Sunday. It turned out scrumptious, and it freezes well for a quick weekday dinner. This makes a very chunky veggie-intensive soup - if you want to go lighter on the veggies, then just omit some of the listed ones, such as the bag of frozen mixed veggies. I am cooking some right now in my crock pot and can't wait for it to be ready! Serve with fresh warm bread and enjoy!
- 6 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large potato, cut into chunks
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 0.5 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach, cooked in microwave for 2 minutes
- 8 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 7 chicken bouillon cubes, non-dissolved
- 8 cups water
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 -5 dashes seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, extra spicy seasoning blend
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- Place chicken in crock pot, followed by potatoes, then all other vegetables.
- Add bouillon cubes and water and stir well.
- Sprinkle with all spices and garlic.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Cook on low for 5-7 hours.