Recipe by Olha
This is marvellous with roast beef, pork and barbecued meats. The long oven braising brings out the sweetness and intensity of the onion flavor. Canadian Living
Top Review by Linda B
My family enjoyed the sweet taste of these onions with grilled chicken. The taste of the ketchup did stand out so next time I will add something to cut that taste a little. All in all it is a nice side dish, and I thank you for posting the recipe.
- 2 lbs onions, thickly sliced (about 12)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan of lightly salted boiling water, cook onions for 10 minutes.
- Drain and transfer to 6-cup casserole.
- Mix together ketchup, water, honey, butter, mustard, salt and pepper; pour over onions.
- Bake in 350 degrees F.
- oven for 1 hour or until onions are tender and glazed.