Recipe by Cookie in Ontario
Simple to put together. I think I got this originally from a cooking TV program a few years ago.
- 6 cups vegetable broth or 6 cups beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups sliced mushrooms, chopped (3- 8 oz pkges of sliced)
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil (optional)
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in dutch oven.
- Saute onion, garlic, celery and mushrooms until mushrooms are releasing their liquid and softened (15-20 mins).
- Add potatoes, broth, spices and worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to a boil. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Puree with hand blender till creamy consistency.
- Stir in the milk.
- Simmer 2 mins or until heated.