Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
QUICK moist snack to have with your morning coffee!!! Very MOIST and dense and can be served plain or topped with whipped cream. A favorite in our family and one of those recipes you can "throw together" in a few minutes. Yes, lots of cinnamon, one full tablespoon!!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix first 5 dry ingredients together.
- Beat egg, add milk, sour cream, melted butter and vanilla. Combine with dry ingredients only until blended.
- Pour into a greased, floured 8 or 9 inch round or square pan.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 25 minutes.
- Note: Good with 1/2 cup of raisins or 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
I had some problems with this recipe, don't know if it was the brand of cream I used, it didn't hold on well. The taste was delicious so I think I'm gonna adapt this recipe 'till perfection hahaha with more flour.
This turned out excellent. It was moist and had just enough cinnamon. My husband and I really enjoyed it. I highly recommend this coffee cake. Thanks a bunch!