Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberry
- 3⁄4 cup blackberry
- 3⁄4 cup red raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, salt, cornstarch, and cinnamon.
- Stir in berries.
- Add water and lemon juice.
- Cook over medium heat just to the boiling point.
- Pour into pie shell; dot with butter.
- Top with lattice or full crust.
- If using a full crust, cut slits in the top, brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in oven preheated to 350F for about 45 minutes or until the crust is golden.
The taste of this pie was definitely 5 star, but I think mine needed to bake a bit longer. The filling was a bit runny and my crust wasn't quite done enough. Next time I will bake 10-15 minutes longer. My husband and I both still loved the taste!
This pie came out great. It's very sweet but oh so yummy with all the berries. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because I think I would use more berries next time, but it was delicious!
This Pie Was Awesome!!!! I took it to my county fair for my foods project and it recieved grand Champion!!