Recipe by ILuvRecipes
I always make this cake in the fall when our Goodland apple tree is overrun with apples. It's a moist, easy cake to make.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 cups apples, sliced, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking soda, and cinnamon. In a large bowl whisk together oil, water ,honey, vanilla and eggs.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stir until just mixed. Fold in apple slices.
- Grease or spray a 13x9 inch pan with cooking spray. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake at 350F for 30 to 40 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm or cool.