Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I always make this cake in the fall when our Goodland apple tree is overrun with apples. It's a moist, easy cake to make.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 cups apples, sliced, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking soda, and cinnamon. In a large bowl whisk together oil, water ,honey, vanilla and eggs.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stir until just mixed. Fold in apple slices.
- Grease or spray a 13x9 inch pan with cooking spray. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake at 350F for 30 to 40 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm or cool.
I tried this recipe with apples from our Goodland apple tree. It was a huge success. I served it to friends, children and my parents. Everyone loved it. I drizzled a bit of white icing across the cake to add a little more appeal.
Wonderful, just finshed making with fresh picked apples from our tree. Used Cream Cheese Glaze Cream Cheese Glaze to top it off. Thanks for sharing
adopted for PAC 2007 Well who knew this would not last more than 10 minutes in my house! Football day and everyone could not wait for the dessert. DH brought home some really tasty apples for me to make a pie and I made that and this for the football party. Fabulous! Served with ice cream on the side. The texture of the crust could have been the whole thing for me as I am a crunchy crust lover and the taste mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmm. Thank you for a nother great recipe.