Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is a nice healthy stew for a cold winter day.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can baked beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cancondensed vegetable soup, undiluted
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 cup sliced carrot
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer 2 a 5 qt.
- slow cooker.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or until vegetables are tender.
this is like a thick vegetable soup. i left the pot on low for 2 hours and the stew was cold so i put it on hi for 2 hours and ate on time.