Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was given to me by a friend. I like it, cause it makes a huge batch.. I bake some now, and freeze the rest of the dough for another time!!!! Also good with almond flavoring instead of vanilla.
- 1 lb margarine
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup coconut
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
- In a extra large bowl, cream margarine and sugars.
- Add egg and continue beating together.
- Add water and vanilla; continue beating.
- In another bowl, combine, flour, coconut, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Blend well.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed ingredients and mix well.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonfuls on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 325°F for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
These were delicious! I have never tried a cookie with coconut, oats, and chocolate chips before - what a great combination. I made 1/4 batch and ended up with 50 cookies - more than enough for us. I can't eat margarine so I used softened butter instead. :-)