Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe comes from a Texas cookbook. This is much easier and quicker than traditional french toast.
- 4 slices honey whole wheat bread, cubed
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Spray an 8x8x2 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread bread cubes evenly in pan and place cream cheese on top.
- Mix together remaining ingredients and pour over bread cubes and cream cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Nice alternative to regular French Toast. This dish puffs up quite high while baking. The cream cheese softens but does not melt during baking. Be sure to use the right size pan so the bread is in one layer. I did not do this, and it was not quite done in the center. The taste was still good. My husband still felt he needed to add more maple syrup at the table.