1/4 Photos of Lost City Orange Honey Buns
2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 45 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
Serve these feathery light buns with anything fried. These fragrant buns glistening with orange and honey make a lovely side dish or a wonderful treat with a cup of tea. These are best when eaten warm out of the oven or at room temperature.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 cup milk, warm
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey (your personal favourite)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, grated
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 1/4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Orange Sugar Filling
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 4 teaspoons orange rind, grated
- 1/4 cup almonds, finely sliced
- 1In a large bowl, add warm milk.
- 2Sprinkle yeast over milk and stir till yeast dissolves.
- 3Next add sugar, honey, salt, eggs, orange rind, and half of the butter and flour; beat well.
- 4Now mix in the remaining butter and enough flour to form a soft dough.
- 5Knead, cover and let rise about 1 hour till doubled.
- 6Mix the white sugar, orange rind and sliced almonds together, set aside.
- 7Divide dough in half and roll out into an 8 x 12-inch rectangle.
- 8Brush both dough rectangles with melted butter and sprinkle the orange sugar filling over top.
- 9Roll up from the long edge and slice into 1" pieces.
- 10The next step is to combine the honey topping ingredients into a small pot, bring to a rapid boil then pour into a 9x13-inch pan.
- 11Place all the sliced buns into the pan with the honey topping, the buns should just fit, cover and let rise 30 minutes, till doubled in size.
- 12Bake for 25 minute in a 375°F oven till golden.
- 13Upon removing from oven immediately turn the pan upside down onto foil.
- 14* Please Note* These buns are best if eaten the same day. Serve warm or at room temperature. Do not put in the refrigerator.
- 15*Rising time is included in preparation time (1 1/2 hrs).
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lost City Orange Honey Buns
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.1
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 18.4 mg
- Sodium 80.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 1.8 g