1/1 Photo of Lost Bread (French Toast)
When I was a little girl, my mama always made this for me for breakfast. I loved it and fixed it for my children who also loved it. It always smelled so good frying that I could hardly wait to get it on my plate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix both dry ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- 2In separate bowl, add eggs, milk and vanilla.
- 3Mix well and then slowly add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing well.
- 4Dip the sliced bread one at a time, turning until thoroughly soaked.
- 5Have oil heated and place bread into the frying pan, turning until both sides are browned.
- 6Soak on paper towels.
- 7Keep doing this until all mixture is used.
- 8More ingredients can be made at first if your family is large enough.
- 9May need to add more sugar to the recipe depending on your taste.
- 10Does not need anything added onto it at the table.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lost Bread (French Toast)
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.3
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 133.7 mg
- Sodium 66.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 40.3 g
- Protein 5.4 g