Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Bill Pfeiffer's 1982 winner.
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons msg or 2 tablespoons Accent seasoning
- 11 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 tablespoons cumin
- 4 tablespoons instant beef bouillon, crushed
- 36 ounces Old Milwaukee beer
- 2 lbs thick butterfly pork chops, cubed
- 2 lbs beef chuck, cubeed
- 6 lbs ground rump roast
- 4 large onions, finely chopped
- 10 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Wesson Oil or 1⁄2 cup kidney suet
- 1 teaspoon mole poblano chile
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon louisiana red hot sauce
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon masa harina flour
- In a large pot, add paprika, oregano, MSG, chili powder, cumin, beef bouillon, beer and 2 cups water. Let simmer.
- In a separate skillet, brown meat in 1 lb. or 1 1/2 lb. batches with Wesson oil or suet. Drain and add to simmering spices. Continue until all meat is done.
- Saute chopped onion and garlic in 1 T. oil or suet. Add to spices and meat mixture. Add water as needed. Simmer 2 hours. Add mole, sugar, coriander seed, hot sauce and tomato sauce. Simmer 45 minute.
- Dissolve masa harina flour in warm water to form a paste. Add to chili. Add salt to taste. Simmer for 30 minutes. Add additional.
- Louisiana Hot Sauce for hotter taste.
- Makes 1 pot.