Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very simple salsa recipe from Los Barrios, a very popular San Antonio restaurant that specializes in authentic Mexican cuisine. This comes straight from the Los Barrios cookbook written by the owner, Diana Barrios Trevino. It is especially great if you need a quick and easy recipe to throw together before a party or when having friends over.
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can jalapeno chiles
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Combine the tomatoes, chilies, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a blender and blend to a chunky puree; do not blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- You can make this hotter by increasing the amount of chilies.
- Stir this salsa into individual servings of soup, or use it to top quesadillas or as an accompaniment to fajitas.
been looking for this FOREVER good good good ty