1/1 Photo of Los Barrios Caldo De Res (Beef Soup)
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Miss Annie's Note:
From the Los Barrios Family Cookbook. This makes 6 main course bowls of soup. I have eaten this soup and it is wonderful. I have not made this soup at home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs stew beef bones
- salt, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- 4 ears corn, husked an cut in half
- 6 celery ribs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3 zucchini, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 onions, cut into 6 wedges
- 1/2 head cabbage, cut into quarters
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 6 cups rice, Spanish rice, cooked and hot
- 1 lemon, cut into 6 wedges
- 1Place bones in large stockpot, add water to cover by 6 inches.
- 2Bring to boil, reduce heat and boil gently for 45 minutes.
- 3Stir in salt, garlic powder. Then add corn, celery and carrots. Boil another 15 minutes.
- 4Add potatoes, tomatoes, zucchini, onion, cabbage, and bell pepper. Boil for 15 minutes longer.
- 5Ladle soup into 6 large bowls.
- 6Add 1 cup rice to each bowl.
- 7Squeeze juice from a lomon wedge over each bowl.
- 8Serve immediately as a main course.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Los Barrios Caldo De Res (Beef Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (787 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 973.8
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 91.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 215.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.0 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 22.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: