8 hrs 30 mins
My husband and I often go to "the hill" in St. Louis. It is an Italian neighborhood featuring some of the best restaurants and little Italian grocers. For our anniversary we went to LoRusso's Cucina and my DH order Tenderloin Mudega. He LOVED his meal and said it was the best thing he'd ever eaten. To my surprise they posted their recipe online. The cheese used at the restaurant is "provel" but I think that is only found in St. Louis. You can substitute any white, mild cheese you'd like. Here it is for all of us to make at home. I can't wait to surprise him with this one!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs tenderloin, medallions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 2 teaspoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 cups strong chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- splash cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 ounces prosciutto
- 3 ounces shredded provolone cheese
- 1Add the first 8 ingredients to a freezer bag and allow to marinate -- overnight if possible.
- 2To make the sauce: combine chicken broth, white wine, butter, lemon juice and white pepper and heat to a simmer.
- 3Combine cornstarch and cold water and wisk into the sauce.
- 4Add a splash of cream, milk or 1/2 and 1/2 to richen it.
- 5Dredge the marinated meat in Italian breadcrumbs and cook on a very hot grill or pan to your desired doneness.
- 6Pour the sauce over the medalians.
- 7Top with fresh garlic, mushrooms, diced prosciutto, and shedded cheese.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lorusso's - Tenderloin Mudega (Steak Modiga)
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.5
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 31.3 mg
- Sodium 1101.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 13.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
A.1. Original Sauce