Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
We have a restaurant here in El Paso, TX called the Cattleman's Steakhouse. It is world famous for it's steaks, slaw and beans. This is my rendition of their wonderful slaw. Simple, yet mighty tasty (and fattening)! Enjoy...
- 5 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple, drained and cut into small pieces (drain all juice from pineapple. DO NOT used crushed.)
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Mix cabbage and pineapple.
- Mix cream, mayo, sugar and vinegar.
- Add cream dressing to cabbage and pineapple.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Store covered in refrigerator 1-2 hours before serving.
If this isn't Cattleman's slaw it is so close that a taste test would have to be done side-by-side. I prepared the slaw and allowed it to sit overnight, leaving off the half-and-half. It is very nice and creamy and we didn't miss the cream. I used a white wine vinegar as the recipe didn't specify. Thanks for sharing.
OMG - I can't believe I found your recipe! I grew up in Roswell, NM and the Cattlemen's Steakhouse there served this. I looked up their phone # last week and thought I'd give them a call to see if they would share the recipe. I can't wait to make this (this weekend for a B-Day celebration)!!! THANKS
This is the same recipe my Mom has been making since "forever". It is a really tasty and different coleslaw. I highly recommend it :)