Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I like this recipe so much because that fresh taste can’t be beat. The recipe is from my own kitchen, developed by me. I've tried other can tomatoes in this recipe, but you can not beat the great fresh taste and texture of Red Gold Tomatoes. I use the plain Stewed Tomatoes because I use a food processor and it keeps the texture thicker. The heat can be adjusted to taste. Making this recipe with the amount I have specified gives it a medium heat. Take or have this salsa at your next party and you wont believe the compliments you'll get. Make sure you let them know you made it yourself.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cansof red gold stewed tomatoes
- 2 ounces green chilies, chopped (this would be 1/2 of a 4 oz. can)
- 2 ounces jalapeno peppers (approx.1/3 C. the kind you get sliced in a jar)
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 large fresh garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of
- 2 fresh roma tomatoes, chopped
- Put 1 can of tomatoes in the Food Processor/Blender with chopping blade.
- Pulsate/Blend on lowest speed for about 45 seconds.
- Add the chilies, jalapeños, onion, cilantro, garlic, salt, chili powder, lime juice and the 2nd. can of stewed tomatoes.
- Pulsate/blend again for 30 seconds.
- Fold in the chopped fresh Roma tomatoes.
- Best when chilled for a few hours. It allows all the different flavors to blend.
- Serve with your favorite Mexican dish or tortilla chips.