Recipe by Chef TraceyMae
Lorna, a co-worker, provided this recipe for our California Fish and Game Cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 eggs
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 lb finely chopped fully cooked smoked ham
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease springform pan, 9x3 inches.
- Coat sides and bottom with bread crumbs.
- Beat half & half, mustard, salt, red pepper, eggs, and cream cheese in large bowl on medium speed until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in ham and Swiss cheese.
- Spread in pan.
- Bake in 325°F oven until set, about 1 hour; cool.
- Cover and refrigerate no longer than 48 hours.
- About 2 hours before serving, remove from refrigerator.
- Remove side and bottom of pan.
- Let stand at room temperature.
- Garnish with pimento and parsley if desired.