Recipe by chez patty
Got this recipe from my best friend Lorna years ago. It is made in the blender, so very easy, and more importantly delicious! If I dont show up at the family picnic with *stinky salad* I get sent home to make it.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (I like Kraft, not fresh)
- anchovy (I dont use them) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in blender.
- Blend till thickened.
- Toss with fresh romaine.
- Top with fresh croutons and bacon bits.
- Dust with a bit more parmesan If chilling dressing before use, take out of the fridge about 1/2 hour before use.
- One recipe will do a large head of romaine.
- If you need to double the recipe-- mix 2 batches separately.
- It doesn't double well!