Recipe by Lori 13
This is good. Has an Asian twist. Simple too!
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
We really liked this. Very fresh tasting. I used frozen turkey I had leftover from Thanksgiving, and I would use turkey again. I forgot the pea pods, but didn't miss them. I couldn't taste the ginger. I topped mine with crushed tortilla chips and a dollop of plain yogurt. DH ate his with chips on the side. Both us had 2 big servings and can't wait to have it for lunch tomrrow. A very different type of soup for us. Thanks for posting this recipe.
- 3 lbs chicken thigh pieces (chunked)
- 2 bunches green onions (chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 inch gingerroot (peeled, minced)
- 1 1⁄4 lbs tomatillos (skinned, chopped)
- 1 cup cilantro (minced)
- 1⁄4 cup pickled jalapeno pepper (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno juice, from jalapenos above
- chicken stock (to cover)
- 1 cup pea pods (blanched, chopped)
- 1 cup bean sprouts (blanched)