- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (room temp.)
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish (drained)
- 1 large sourdough bread
- shredded lettuce
- sliced tomatoes
- sliced onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven 350°F.
- Season meat. Press 2/3 of the meat into a sprayed (8 inch) pie plate, pushing up to cover sides.
- Combine the cheese, mustard and horseradish. Spread on meat.
- Pat remaining meat into an (8 inch) circle. Place on top. Seal.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- Heat bread. Slice into a large "bun", hollowing out center slightly.
- Fill with burger. Slice into wedges.
- Top with the lettuce, tomato and onion if desired.