Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are so fun and YUMMY! Gave them 5 stars!
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 cup white wine (105-115 degrees)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 3 -4 cups flour
- sugar (as needed)
- olive oil (as needed)
- Dissolve yeast in wine. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir in the oil, salt, fennel seeds and enough flour to bind.
- Knead until smooth.
- Place in a sprayed bowl. Cover with a damp towel. Let rise 1 hour.
- Punch down. Divide into 24 pieces.
- Roll into strips. Shape into wreaths.
- Place on sprayed baking sheets. Cover with same towel. Let rise 1 hour.
- Heat oven 350.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add a little sugar.
- Drop in taralis a couple at a time.
- Let rise to the top.
- Remove with a slotted spoon onto paper towels.
- Place on baking sheets. Brush with oil. Bake 20 minutes.