Recipe by Lori 13
This is REALLY good comfort food. I LOVE swiss cheese... *Use "Lori's Tomato Sauce" #160064 if possible.
- 4 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 large onions (minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 -4 cups tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup tomatoes (chopped)
- half-and-half (as needed)
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs swiss cheese (shredded)
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the flour, salt, eggs, water and oil.
- Knead on a floured surface until smooth.
- Cover. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Using a pasta machine, make into lasagna.
- Can just use 1 1/2 lbs. dried lasagna (cooked 5 minuted and drained) if desired, but it won't be anywhere near as good!
- Heat oven 350.
- Heat butter in a wok. Add turkey, onions and garlic. Saute 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Add enough half and half to make semi-saucy. Season. Remove from heat.
- Place a little sauce on the bottom of a sprayed 9x13 baking dish.
- Layer in pasta, sauce and cheeses, ending with a layer of pasta, sauce and swiss on top.
- Cover with foil. Bake 45 minutes.
- Uncover. Bake 15 more minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.