Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A little twist on the norm... Feel free to use any meat you prefer...
- 12 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 small garlic clove (minced)
- 1 1⁄3 cups tuna or 1 1⁄3 cups crab or 1 1⁄3 cups shrimp or 1 1⁄3 cups chicken, flaked
- 5 tablespoons chives (minced)
- fresh cracked pepper
- cayenne (to taste)
- capers (drained, rinsed)
- dill sprigs
- toasted slivered almonds
- pimentos (drained)
- Hard boil eggs. Let cool in ice water. Dry. Peel. Half.
- Scoop yolks into a food processor.
- Add the butter, garlic, meat, chives salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Puree until smooth.
- Pipe back into eggs with a pastry bag.
- Garnish with any combination of the capers, dill, almonds, pimento or paprika.
- Chill 1 hour.