Recipe by bluekrystal_2000
One fantastic drink to cool you on one of those hot summer evenings. Kids love the sweetness and the fun of drinking from a lemon shell.
- 6 whole lemons, cut in half and juiced,reserve juice and empty lemon rind shells for later use
- 1 lemon, cut into garnishing slices (1/8" thick)
- 3⁄4 gallon ice
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup lemon juice (store bought kind is terrific)
- 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 36 small red raspberries
- 12 sprigs large leaf mint
Directions See How It's Made
- You will also need: 6 straws, cut in half.
- Place ice in a blender, add all ingredients except for the whole slicing/garnishing lemon, red raspberries, mint and empty lemon shells.
- Blend all ingredients until completely smooth.
- Fill each lemon rind shell full with the lemon slushie.
- Place 3 red raspberries, mint sprig and lemon slice decoratively atop the lemon slushie.
- Add straw.
- Place in freezer (yes, the straw and all) for about 30-45 mins just enough to ice craze the slushie and allow the berries to slightly freeze.