Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
These are AUTHENTIC!!!
- 2 cups chinese wheat starch
- 1⁄2 cup potato starch
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons lard (room temp.)
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp (peeled, minced)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons pork fat (minced)
- 2 tablespoons water chestnuts (drained, minced)
- 2 tablespoons bamboo shoots (drained, mimnced)
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Combine the starches.
- Add water until just combined. DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Turn out onto a counter. Knead, adding more potato starch if needed until smooth.
- Add lard to center of ball. Knead well.
- Cover. Set aside.
- Combine the shrimp, fat, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, pepper, salt, sugar, sesame oil and cornstarch.
- Stir in a small amount of the beaten egg.
- Keeping the dough covered, form into 1 inch balls.
- Flatten with a cleaver. Fill with 1 tablespoon mix. Pull off counter with the cleaver.
- Fold over and seal with remaining egg.
- Repeat until all are made.
- Place in a oiled steamer. Steam 10 minutes.