Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
In my opinion, sweet potatoes should NEVER be made any sweeter! No marshmallows or brown sugar here!
- 2 large sweet potatoes (peeled, cut into "French" fries, rinsed and dried)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (minced)
- 1 tablespoon tarragon (minced)
- 1 tablespoon rosemary (minced)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- Heat oven 350.
- Toss all together to coat.
- Place on a sprayed baking sheet.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden and crispy.
These were great. I made them for Christmas dinner to go with a ham. I wanted to do something different instead of the same old baked sweet taters. I didn't have any tarragon so left that out but the results were great. Thanks Lori.
Great potatoes, and so quick & easy too. Definitely a recipe that works for cooking for 1-2. I followed the recipe exactly minus the tarragon, and used all dried herbs. I love the overall idea, and will probably experiment with the mix of herbs over the next few times I make it.
I had this at karen in tbay's house and tried it at my mom's. I didn't have the rosemary or cumin, but did add the onions. I love the fact that you don't have to add a bunch of sugar or marshmallows to make the sweet potatoes sweet as they are. I prefer them much better this way.