Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Here's another Sangria option to add to the already robust lineup. My friend Lori from Cleveland passed this one along to me a number of years back. After the wine is gone, try munching on the remaining oranges and apples. Cheers!
- 2 oranges
- 2 lemons
- 2 (750 ml) bottles Burgundy wine or 2 (750 ml) bottlesother red wine
- 8 tablespoons sugar
- 1 apple
- 1 (28 ounce) bottle carbonated water, chilled
- Chill 1 orange and 1 lemon to use as garnish.
- Combine juices from second orange and second lemon with wine and sugar and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Before serving, divide into 2 large pitchers.
- Cut chilled orange and apple into wedges, and slice chilled lemon.
- Divide fruit and add to pitchers of wine mixture.
- Stir with wooden spoon and gradually add carbonated water.
- Leave the spoon in the pitcher and mix well just before serving.
Lovely, tasty an light! Great for an afternoon cooler. The remaining fruits were so tasty. Made it for PAC spring 2007. Thanks for a great recipe!