Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Really good. Cheap. Easy. Nice.
- 3 lbs chuck roast (cubed)
- seasoned flour (as needed)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion (minced)
- 3⁄4 lb mushroom (sliced thin)
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth (or good quality homemade strong chicken broth)
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Heat oven 350.
- Dredge beef in flour to coat. Shake off excess.
- Heat oil and butter in a dutch oven.
- Brown beef in batches, setting all aside.
- To pan add onion. Saute 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms. Saute 5 minutes.
- Return beef and accumulated juices.
- Combine the broth, paste, seasoning, mustard and paprika. Stir into meat.
- Cover. Bake 2 hours, stirring often and added more broth if needed.