Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons nuoc nam
- 2 tablespoons Asian chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons basil olive oil
- 2 shallots (sliced thin)
- 1 baguette (split lengthwise)
- 1⁄2 cup pork pate
- 2 carrots (peeled, shredded)
- 1 cucumber (peeled, seeded, sliced thin)
- 1 Thai peppers (seeded, minced)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (minced)
- Heat oven 375.
- Rinse and dry pork.
- Combine the shallots, lime juice, sugar, nuoc nam and chili sauce.
- Rub half all over pork. Reserve rest.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in an iron skillet.
- Sear pork all over. Cover. Roast 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Let cool 2 hours.
- Pour juices into reserved mix. Set aside.
- Slice pork thin. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet.
- Add shallots. Saute 3 minutes. Let cool.
- Toast baguette. Spread with pate.
- Top with shallots, pork, carrots, cucumcer and pepper. Drizzle with half of the sauce. Top with cilantro.
- Serve with extra sauce for dipping at table.