Prep 24 hrs
Cook 2 hrs
Good little pork recipe. Fancy enough for a dinner party, yet very homey...
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 vanilla beans, seeds of
- 4 bay leaves (crushed)
- 8 sprigs parsley (leaves only, chopped)
- 4 sprigs thyme (leaves only, chopped)
- 32 black peppercorns (cracked)
- 1 (4 lb) boneless pork loin roast
- 2 vanilla beans, seeds of
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Dissolve the water, salt and sugar very well.
- Add the seeds, bay leaves, parsley, thyme and peppercorns. Mix well.
- Add pork. Cover. Chill in brine for 24 hours, turning often.
- Heat oven 375.
- Drain pork. Rub with vanilla seeds.
- Heat oil in a dutch oven.
- Add pork. Sear on all sides. Place in oven.
- Roast 1/2-2 hours, basting often, or until internal temperature reaches 140.
- Remove. Let stand 10 minutes. Slice.
- Serve with pan juices.