Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
- 3⁄4 cup dry roasted salted peanut (ground)
- 2 cups flaked unsweetened coconut
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup toasted ground rice powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (in one inch strips)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- canola oil (as needed)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 tomatoes (seeded, chopped)
- 1 serrano chili (seeded, minced)
- 1 mango (seeded, chopped)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry paste
- Combine the peanuts and coconut in a bowl.
- Season lightly.
- In another bowl place rice powder.
- Prepare chicken.
- Dredge in rice powder.
- Dip in egg, then coconut mix to coat.
- Place on racks over a baking sheet.
- Chill 1 hour.
- Bring back to room temperature.
- Heat about 1 inch of oil in a deep wide skillet.
- Fry half of the strips until golden all over, about 6-9 minutes.
- Drain well on paper towels.
- Keep warm in a low oven while preparing rest.
- Meanwhile, combine the rest to make salsa.
- Serve on top.