Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great little side dish. Could be a great vegetarian main also...
- 8 large potatoes (scrubbed)
- 5 ounces spinach (stemmed, torn, steamed until just wilted)
- 2 serrano chilies (seeded, minced)
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon mango powder
- 1 teaspoon thai curry powder (see below!)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala
- Boil potatoes until tender. Drain. Cool. Rice.
- Mix with rest. Re-heat.
- Thai Curry Powder -- 1 tablespoons corriander seeds. 2 teaspoons cumin seeds. 3/8 teaspoons fennel seeds. 2 teaspoons cayenne. 1/4 teaspoons turmeric powder. 1/8 teaspoons cloves. 1 (1/4 inch) stick cinnamon. 1/4 teaspoons cardamom pods. 1/8 teaspoons fresh cracked pepper.
- Toast all. Grind. Makes 2 1/2 tablespoons.