Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is really good and straight forward...
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion (minced)
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes (drained well)
- 1 (10 ounce) package spinach (stemmed, blanched, chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 2 lbs cod fish fillets
- olive oil (as needed)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- mesclun (as needed)
- Heat broiler.
- Heat oil in a skillet.
- Add onions. Saute 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, spinach, vinegar, sugar, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Season fish. Brush with oil.
- Broil 8 minutes, turning once.
- Place mesclun on plates. Top with fish and sauce. Serve immediately.
It has lovely flavour. Definitely will be making it again!