1 hr 10 mins
Lori 13's Note:
Good food. A little work, but well worth it. Serve with a good basmati rice if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 6 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 24 cardamom pods (seeds removed)
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 8 eggs (beaten)
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 40 curry leaves (minced)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 large onions (sliced thin)
- 1 inch gingerroot (peeled, grated)
- 5 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 large potato (peeled, diced)
- 4 serrano chilies (seeded, minced)
- 1/2 lb mushroom (sliced thin)
- 4 carrots (peeled, diced)
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes (drained, smashed)
- 2 cups frozen peas (thawed)
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1In a dry skillet toast all the seeds and almonds.
- 2Grind in a coffe grinder. Set aside.
- 3Beat together the eggs, oil, milk, curry, salt and flour until smooth.
- 4Heat a non-stick (7 inch) skillet over medium heat.
- 5Make 8 pancakes out of mix, stacking between wax paper to keep warm and soft.
- 6Meanwhile, heat oil in a wok.
- 7Add onions, ginger, garilc and potato. Saute 4 minutes.
- 8Add chilies, mushrooms and carrots. Saute 5 minutes.
- 9Add seed mix. Season to taste.
- 10Stir in the milk and tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
- 11Reduce. Simmer 3 minutes.
- 12Add peas and coconut.
- 13Serve mix rolled up in pancakes.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lori's Curry Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (1065 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1537.0
- Calories from Fat 732
- Total Fat 81.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 486.9 mg
- Sodium 1711.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 156.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.7 g
- Sugars 23.4 g
- Protein 52.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: