Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
Good food. A little work, but well worth it. Serve with a good basmati rice if desired.
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed
- 6 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 24 cardamom pods (seeds removed)
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds
- 8 eggs (beaten)
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 40 curry leaves (minced)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 large onions (sliced thin)
- 1 inch gingerroot (peeled, grated)
- 5 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 large potato (peeled, diced)
- 4 serrano chilies (seeded, minced)
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom (sliced thin)
- 4 carrots (peeled, diced)
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes (drained, smashed)
- 2 cups frozen peas (thawed)
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
- In a dry skillet toast all the seeds and almonds.
- Grind in a coffe grinder. Set aside.
- Beat together the eggs, oil, milk, curry, salt and flour until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick (7 inch) skillet over medium heat.
- Make 8 pancakes out of mix, stacking between wax paper to keep warm and soft.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a wok.
- Add onions, ginger, garilc and potato. Saute 4 minutes.
- Add chilies, mushrooms and carrots. Saute 5 minutes.
- Add seed mix. Season to taste.
- Stir in the milk and tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce. Simmer 3 minutes.
- Add peas and coconut.
- Serve mix rolled up in pancakes.