- 1 (4 1/4 lb) boneless pork loin roast
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- evaporated milk (as needed)
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and dry roast. Heat the butter and oil in a dutch oven.
- Season roast. Add to pot. Brown on all sides.
- Add enough evaporated milk to cover roast 3/4 of the way up.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce. Cover partially. Simmer 2-2 1/2 hours, turning often or until milk has turned into nut brown clusters.
- Remove roast to a platter. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Bring pan juices to a boil.
- Add wine. Reduce by half.
- Slice meat. Serve with sauce.