Recipe by Lori 13
MY GOD is this GOOD! I gave it 7 stars! Serve it with "The World's Greatest Cornbread".
Top Review by Charlotte J
This was full of flavor, the pork was tender and very filling. Not to hot even with the chipotles in it. DH did not care for the hominy. Other then that the whole family liked this recipe. I severed with a sour dough bread. Thank you for posting.
- 5 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork loin (cubed)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 5 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes (crushed by hand, with juice)
- 3 chipotle chiles in adobo, minced
- 3 tablespoons adobo sauce (from above)
- 1 cup chicken stock (perferably homemade)
- 1 (28 ounce) can hominy (drained, rinsed)
- fresh craked pepper (to taste)
- colby-monterey jack cheese (as desired, shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a pot. Brown pork in batches. Return to pot.
- Add the onion, garlic and cumin. Saute 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, chpotles, adobo and stock. Bring to a boil. Reduce. Simmer 2 hours.
- Add the hominy. Season. Simmer 15 more minutes.
- Top with cheese.