Recipe by Mrs. R
This recipe never yields leftovers at our house! We add hot sauce and other spicy things to make it muy calente! I don't know who Lori is, but she made some terrific chili! I got this recipe off the Cook'n On the Go software program.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 large onions, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 lbs kidney beans (canned, frozen, fresh)
- 26 ounces tomato soup (or use canned tomatoes)
- 39 ounces water
- chili powder (to your tastes)
- 2 green peppers, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger and onion.
- Drain grease.
- In large soup pot, put browned ground beef and all the other ingredients.
- Add enough chili powder to make it hot to your taste.
- Cook until celery is tender, about 30- 40 minutes.
- Serve with cornbread or oyster crackers.
- I like to also use jalapeno or other types of peppers depending on what I may have on hand.
- Some people like to add diced carrots to their chili too.