Recipe by LoriDarlin'
I love chicken salad, and came up with this one day when I was craving it and could not find exactly what I wanted in a recipe. What makes this chicken salad different is the way the chicken is cooked and seasoned. This is flavor-packed, and often requested! I never measure, so have put to add the mayo and sour cream a little at a time! (You can always add more). I always make this the night before, it's better the next day.
- 2 -3 lbs frozen skinless, chicken tenderloins
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- seasoning salt
- garlic pepper seasoning
- mccormick's citrus grill seasoning
- 1⁄2 a lime
- 1⁄2 a lemon
- 2 gala apples, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium white onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green seedless grapes, sliced in half, lengthwise
- 2 -3 ounces sliced almonds
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained well and patted dry (optional)
- kraft mayonnaise
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Drizzle Olive Oil in large skillet and heat to med. high.
- Add 1 T margarine.
- Add chicken, frozen or thawed (if thawed, I cut into bite sized pieces first).
- Season both sides of chicken with seasoned salt, garlic pepper and citrus grill.
- While chicken is cooking, squeeze lime and lemon over each side.
- When cooked through, remove from heat and lay on paper towel lined plate.
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and put in large mixing bowl.
- Add apples, onion, grapes, almonds, and oranges (no need to chop oranges, they will fall apart as mixing).
- Add mayo and sour cream (two mayo to one sour cream) a little at a time until desired consistency.
- Stir in almonds.
- *Note - the oranges add a great flavor, but they do make for a slighly runnier salad as they hold water. I also will sometimes squeeze a slight amount of lime into the salad, which gives great flavor, but also makes for a thinner consistency dressing.
- Serve as salad, in a wrap, on great bread for sandwiches.