Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon chinese hot dry mustard
- fresh cracked pepper
- cayenne (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 egg yolk
- water (as needed)
- 1 egg white (beaten)
- Combine the flour and mustard. Season.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles meal.
- Stir in cheese, yolk and enough water to form a firm dough.
- Heat oven 400.
- Roll dough out to a 1/4 inch thickness.
- Slice in to strips. Twist strips. Place on a sprayed baking sheet. Brush with egg white.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden.