Recipe by Lori 13
I make spaghetti once a week (it's cheap). But is does get a litle drab... So, I came up with this one night. It was FABULOUS! Hubby liked it too.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 onions (sliced thin)
- 6 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves (minced)
- 2 teaspoons rosemary (minced)
- fresh cracked pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 lb spaghetti
- parmesan cheese (grated, to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter and oil over low in a large skillet. Add the onions and garlic. Saute 10 minutes.
- Add sugar. Saute 10 more minutes.
- Add wine. Reduce by half.
- Add tomatoes. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Add thyme, rosemary and seasonings. Simmer 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil spaghetti until al dente. Drain. Toss with sauce.
- Serve with parmesan if desired.