1 hr 36 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Lori 13's Note:
These have Montpelier butter, which I've tweaked a bit, so they should be named after my state's capitol... Gave them 5 stars!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 leaves basil
- 1/2 bunch watercress
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 2 shallots (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (peeled)
- 2 cornichons
- 4 anchovies (drained)
- 2 tablespoons capers (drained, rinsed)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 hard-boiled eggs (peeled, chopped)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 lb butter (room temp.)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 lb shrimp (peeled, deveined)
- 1 lb calamari (cleaned, in rings with tentacles)
- 1/2 lb salmon (in chunks)
- 1/2 lb swordfish (in chunks)
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- olive oil (as needed)
- 1Blanch the basil, watercress, parsley, chives, tarragon, shallots and garlic for 1 minute.
- 2Shock in ice water. Squeeze dry.
- 3Puree with the cornichon, anchovies, capers, salt, papper, and cayenne.
- 4Add the eggs and yolks. Puree.
- 5Add butter. Puree until smooth.
- 6Pass through a sieve. Whisk in oil. Whisk in vinegar. Set aside.
- 7Heat broiler.
- 8Thread shrimp, calamari, salmon and swordfish on skewers. Season. Brush with oil.
- 9Broil 2-3 minutes each side.
- 10Place on plates. Top with butter.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lori's Capitol Seafood
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 562.1
- Calories from Fat 377
- Total Fat 41.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 452.2 mg
- Sodium 1024.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 40.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar