Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
These have Montpelier butter, which I've tweaked a bit, so they should be named after my state's capitol... Gave them 5 stars!
- 12 leaves basil
- 1⁄2 bunch watercress
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 2 shallots (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (peeled)
- 2 cornichons
- 4 anchovies (drained)
- 2 tablespoons capers (drained, rinsed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 3 hard-boiled eggs (peeled, chopped)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 lb butter (room temp.)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 lb shrimp (peeled, deveined)
- 1 lb calamari (cleaned, in rings with tentacles)
- 1⁄2 lb salmon (in chunks)
- 1⁄2 lb swordfish (in chunks)
- salt & fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- olive oil (as needed)
- Blanch the basil, watercress, parsley, chives, tarragon, shallots and garlic for 1 minute.
- Shock in ice water. Squeeze dry.
- Puree with the cornichon, anchovies, capers, salt, papper, and cayenne.
- Add the eggs and yolks. Puree.
- Add butter. Puree until smooth.
- Pass through a sieve. Whisk in oil. Whisk in vinegar. Set aside.
- Heat broiler.
- Thread shrimp, calamari, salmon and swordfish on skewers. Season. Brush with oil.
- Broil 2-3 minutes each side.
- Place on plates. Top with butter.