1/7 Photos of Lori's Beef and Gravy
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Lori Mama's Note:
I learned how to make this dish in Home Ec. while attending German school. It's one of my kids favorite dinners. Note: This recipe ends up with a lot of gravy. I usually like that, because I can freeze some for other sauce-less beef or just over mashed potatoes/rice/noodles on a meatless night.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the cubed beef in a medium sized pot. Add water. Include the bouillon cube. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- 2Separate the meat from the broth and keep the liquid hot.
- 3In a skillet on medium heat melt the butter, sauté the onions until transparent then add garlic. Continue until you can just smell the garlic aroma.
- 4Sprinkle in the flour and cook until slightly brown. Using a whisk, pour in the hot broth until the sauce is smooth and thickened. Place the meat in the gravy and continue cooking covered on low for another 1/2 hour.
- 5Peak in and stir every so often adding water if needed to get the desired gravy consistency that you prefer.
- 6Taste for salt and pepper. add freshly grated nutmeg to taste if using.
- 7I have served this over potato dumplings (packaged or homemade), rice, mashed potatoes, noodles.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lori's Beef and Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (417 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 68.4
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 58.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 0.5 g