1/7 Photos of Lori's Beef and Gravy
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Lori Mama's Note:
I learned how to make this dish in Home Ec. while attending German school. It's one of my kids favorite dinners. Note: This recipe ends up with a lot of gravy. I usually like that, because I can freeze some for other sauce-less beef or just over mashed potatoes/rice/noodles on a meatless night.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the cubed beef in a medium sized pot. Add water. Include the bouillon cube. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- 2Separate the meat from the broth and keep the liquid hot.
- 3In a skillet on medium heat melt the butter, sauté the onions until transparent then add garlic. Continue until you can just smell the garlic aroma.
- 4Sprinkle in the flour and cook until slightly brown. Using a whisk, pour in the hot broth until the sauce is smooth and thickened. Place the meat in the gravy and continue cooking covered on low for another 1/2 hour.
- 5Peak in and stir every so often adding water if needed to get the desired gravy consistency that you prefer.
- 6Taste for salt and pepper. add freshly grated nutmeg to taste if using.
- 7I have served this over potato dumplings (packaged or homemade), rice, mashed potatoes, noodles.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lori's Beef and Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (417 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 68.4
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 58.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 0.5 g