Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very tender pork chops with the flavor of pesto. I made this up with the ingredients I had on hand and my children liked it.
- 4 1⁄2 inches boneless pork chops
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped fine
- 4 tablespoons celery, chopped fine
- 2 cups bread, cubed into 1/2 inch squares
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 -2 1⁄2 tablespoons asiago cheese, cut into very small pieces,about
- basil pesto
- salt and pepper (to season)
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Pour a small amount of olive oil into casserole and brush to cover the bottom.
- Place the pork chops in the casserole.
- Sprinkle tops with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes without a lid.
- While chops bake prepare the stuffing by sauteeing the onions and celery in olive oil until soft.
- Remove to a small mixing bowl.
- Add a small amount of olive oil to the pan and toast the bread cubes until slightly browned.
- Add the to the onion mixture.
- Stir in the oregano and milk.
- Let cool then add the asaigo.
- Remove the pork chops from the oven and place a teaspoon of pesto on the tops.
- Cover with the stuffing and sprinkle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Return to the oven for 15 minutes or until the chops are 155 degrees F.
- Take the chops out of the oven and sprinkle with a small amount of balsamic vinegar again.
- Serve while warm.
Absolutely restaurant quality! Very tender chops, pesto took them over the top, and the stuffing with asiago....oh my goodness!