Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
Tasty and easy...
- 6 dried ancho chiles
- 6 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup semolina
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Toast peppers in a dry iron skillet. Seed.
- Place in a saucepan. Cover with water. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Let stand 1 hour.
- Place in a food processor with the garlic, oregano,sugar and salt.
- Puree until smooth.
- Heat oven 450.
- Combine the semolina, cornmeal, flour, pepper and chili powder.
- Dredge chicken in chili mix then dry mix to coat.
- Plce on a sprayed baking sheet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.