This recipe is the only one I've been making for more than 10 years. I get frequent requests to make it for get togethers or requests for the recipe. By posting it here I can easily share it with everyone who wants to make it.
- 6 medium russet potatoes
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 lb bacon
- paprika (optional)
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- Peel potatoes & chop into 1-inch cubes.
- Boil potatoes until fork tender, drain & set aside.
- While potatoes are cooking, trim any large amounts of fat from bacon & then chop the remaining bacon into bite-sized pieces. Pan-fry until crisp; drain on paper towels & let cool.
- Chop 4 of the hard-boiled eggs. Slice the remaining two & set aside or cover & refrigerate for later.
- In large bowl, combine mayonnaise, cider vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt, pepper, garlic powder, celery, onion, olives, bacon & the chopped egg. Stir well.
- Gently stir in potatoes & add more mayo if necessary.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- Just before serving, stir salad, lay egg slices out atop the salad & sprinkle with paprika.
Oh Tink, yum! I followed this recipe nearly to a T - only leaving out the black olives, blech. The sea salt is a nice addition instead of regular table salt. LOVE the bacon addition. It's a nice blend of ingredients and flavors. I will be making this often this summer. Made and Reviewed for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag - Thanks! :)