1/1 Photo of Lorilyn's Potato Salad
This recipe is the only one I've been making for more than 10 years. I get frequent requests to make it for get togethers or requests for the recipe. By posting it here I can easily share it with everyone who wants to make it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 medium russet potatoes
- 1 1/2-2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 lb bacon
- paprika (optional)
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1Peel potatoes & chop into 1-inch cubes.
- 2Boil potatoes until fork tender, drain & set aside.
- 3While potatoes are cooking, trim any large amounts of fat from bacon & then chop the remaining bacon into bite-sized pieces. Pan-fry until crisp; drain on paper towels & let cool.
- 4Chop 4 of the hard-boiled eggs. Slice the remaining two & set aside or cover & refrigerate for later.
- 5In large bowl, combine mayonnaise, cider vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt, pepper, garlic powder, celery, onion, olives, bacon & the chopped egg. Stir well.
- 6Gently stir in potatoes & add more mayo if necessary.
- 7Refrigerate until serving time.
- 8Just before serving, stir salad, lay egg slices out atop the salad & sprinkle with paprika.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lorilyn's Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 860.0
- Calories from Fat 544
- Total Fat 60.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 278.7 mg
- Sodium 1828.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 20.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: