Recipe by **Tinkerbell**
I vegan-ized a hybrid combination of Wilton butter cream frosting recipes to use on my vegan cupcakes in the bakery. This recipe makes about 6 cups of frosting, which I use very quickly baking in bulk, but feel free to half this for a standard-size batch of cupcakes.
- 2 cups shortening
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla (Clear vanilla is a must so your colors come out clean and the white frosting stays white)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 8 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 -4 tablespoons rice milk
- 1 -2 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Cream shortening, vanilla and butter flavoring.
- Add powdered sugar, one cup at a time until it's all mixed inches.
- Add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in corn syrup, if using, until the desired consistency is reached.
- Divide and tint your frosting with paste coloring, as desired.
- Can be stored air-tight, in the fridge, for up to a month. Allow to come to room temperature and whip with mixer before using.